RBS 25 Cleaning Agent (5 Litres) is a multi-purpose concentrated foaming alkaline liquid cleaning agent that can be used for manual cleaning, soaking, and ultrasonic cleaning in laboratories (e.g. glassware and equipment made of stainless steel, plastic, porcelain, quartz, and ceramic) and the industrial sector.
Main Components: Anionic and non-ionic surfectants, phosphates and polyphosphates, hydrates and chlorinated agents
• Uses: Cleaning and decontaminating agent for all types of surfaces, containers and instruments. For manual use, soaking and ultrasonic baths.
• Application: Laboratories (analysis, research, control) and industry (nuclear, micro-electronic, glass, optic, plastic)
• Use Concentration: 2% v/v in water (normal use) and 10% v/v (radioactive decontamination)
• Physical and Chemical Data: White foaming liquid with a neutral smell, pH pure: ± 13, pH sol 2% v/v: ± 11.9, and density at 20°C: ± 1.094
• Radioactive Decontamination Activity:
By soaking, the use of a 10% RBS 25 solution permits to reach a decontamination factor of ±100 on stainless steel with 99Mo 99Tc couple.
In ultrasonic baths (8 hours at 40°C + 24 hours of soaking, RBS 25 at 10% has also shown a very good efficiency (decontamination factor of ±100) on glass, lead and stainless steel with common elements such as 99Mo, 131I, 192Ir, 51Cr, and 67Ga.
A 2% solution of RBS 25 in ultrasonic baths provides good results for lead protection plates contaminated by various elements.
• Specificities: Thanks to its high emulsifying and wetting power, RBS 25 ensures an excellent penetration activity in the cleaning baths. In laboratories it is used for cleaning glassware and equipment made of stainless steel, plastic, porcelain, quartz and ceramic. It removes organic and mineral residues, greases, oils, distillation residues, proteins and cell cultures. In industry it used as a technical product for cleaning and degreasing electronic components, silicon wafers, metal parts, injection moulds, glass and optical lenses. RBS 25 is also suitable for the radioactive decontamination of containers, items and surfaces made of glass, plastic and stainless steel.
• Usage process: RBS 25 can be used for manual cleaning, in ultrasonic baths and soaking.
• Directions for use: Dilute 20ml of RBS 25 per litre of water (preferably at 50°C). For radioactive decontamination, increase the concentration to 100ml of RBS 25 per litre of water. For soaking, completely immerse the soiled items to ensure an optimal contact with the cleaning solution. Rinse immediately with tap water, or better, with demineralised water. RBS 25 is easily and totally eliminated without leaving any traces or invisible film. Remark: the use of an ultrasonic bath and/or an increase of the temperature of the cleaning solution may be of help in case of stubborn soils.
• Advice: Do not mix with other products. Do renew baths frequently to ensure a constant efficiency (the first weakening indications are a decrease in pH and absence of foam). RBS 25, being alkaline, is not recommended for use with white metals.
Size (L): 5
Usage Concentration: 20 to 50ml of RBS 25 per litre of water