The Grant FTA-1 Aspirator with Trap Flask is designed for routine aspiration of the supernatant alcohol/buffer from the walls of microtubes during DNA/RNA purification and other macromolecule re-precipitation techniques. An ideal personal tool for independent operation away from an in-line lab vacuum supply, removing the risk of cross contamination.
• All in one system with integrated pump.
• Fitted with hydrophobic microbiological filter, which eliminates risk of contamination from the trap flask. Efficiency up to 99.9% – holds particles bigger than 0.027 micron.
• Vacuum pressure: -500mbar
• Small, compact and easy to use.
• Perfect for small volume aspiration.
• Polyethylene tube connects the collecting tip to the trap flask.
• Built-in micro-compressor creates negative pressure in trap flask for removal of liquid from microtubes.
• Slim power cord allows the unit to be used inside workstations and incubators. Safe and economical running.
• 1L trap flask for collection of aspirate from microtubes or microplates.
• Tube holder accommodates two tubes to store tip or optional 8 channel adaptor.
• Uses standard ‘yellow’ 200ml pipette tips.
• Aspiration/removal of alcohol/buffer from microtube walls during DNA/RNA purification and other macromolecule reprecipitation techniques.
• For routine operations of cell washing from culture medium and resuspension in buffer.
Trap Flask Volume (litres):
Flow Rate, Aqueous Solution (ml/min.):
72 with aspiration tip
666 without aspiration tip
External Power Supply:
Input AC 120 – 230V, 50/60Hz
Output DC 12V
Input Voltage (V DC):
Power Consumption (W):
Dimensions (W x D x H):
160 x 210 x 340mm