The chromatography cabinets available from Medline Scientific are designed to accommodate chromatography instruments in a secure, temperature controlled environment.
Each cabinet is customised for the chromatography system that it’s accommodating (e.g. ÄKTA™ systems from Cytiva or NGS systems from Bio-Rad). However, these cabinets can also be configured for a wide range of laboratory equipment as an alternative to a cold room.
Although each chromatography cabinet is bespoke, they do come with a range of features to safeguard your research.
Safe and secure:
All models can be fitted with an over temperature cut-out thermostat, which cuts power to the chromatography system or laboratory equipment, if refrigeration stops (or the cabinet is accidentally turned off) and the temperature within the cabinets rises too high. This prevents expensive chromatography columns being destroyed by over-heating. Audio-visual temperature alarms also protect temperature-sensitive samples.
- Visual and audible alarms for temperature and door
- Accurate digital temperature control (digital display 0.1°C resolution)
- Reconfigured controller parameters for chromatography use
- IP66 waterproof double internal electric socket(s)
- Advanced air distribution system to ensure efficient operation even when fully loaded
- Sliding shelves supplied with safety wall fixings to provide stability in use
High quality design and build:
Along with excellent temperature stability, these chromatography cabinets offer a robust design with a two year parts and labour warranty.
- Corrosion resistant stainless steel interior and exterior
- Lockable castors
- Self-closing, lockable doors
- Safety-glass door(s) with LED lighting
- Cabinet temperature range: 1 to 12°C (factory set point 4.5°C)
The cabinets are designed to run efficiently; they are fully insulated, use environmentally-friendly R290 refrigerant gas and are up to 98% recyclable.
Bespoke and highly configurable:
There are two standard sizes available: 600L single door (700mm wide) and 1350L double door (1440mm wide). Yet, the cabinet’s features and internal fittings can be customised to meet the exact requirements of the customer’s application or system.
Custom modifications include specifying the inclusion and number of:
- Access ports for communication cables
- Low level access ports for drainage/waste line
- IP66 double electric sockets
- Two-tier racks (max. weight: 300kg) for system and collector
- Sliding shelves (max. weight 100kg) on retractable runners
- Stainless steel platform sheets
The platform sheet converts a standard wire shelf into a flat solid surface, suitable for fraction collector/pump and or bottles and other equipment. They allow the remaining cabinet space to be used flexibly.
Additionally, over temperature cut-out can be specified and a stainless steel scaffold support rod assembly (for long columns that cannot be mounted on the chromatography systems).
If you would like to find out more about the bespoke chromatography cabinets available from Medline Scientific or you’d like to discuss your requirements with one of our team, please contact us: email@example.com.