The Olympus CX43 Biological Trinocular LED Upright Microscope (4x, 10x, 20x, 40x Brightfield & Phase Contrast) enables users to remain comfortable during long periods of routine microscopy observations. The frame conforms to the user’s hands and the location of the control knobs maximise ergonomics to improve work efficiency.
Users can quickly set a specimen with one hand, while adjusting the focus and operating the stage with the other hand with minimal movement. This microscope also features a camera port for digital imaging.
The CX43 can be equipped to handle a range of techniques, including phase contrast, darkfield and simple epi-fluorescence.
• Single-Handed Sample Placement: A specimen can be quickly slid in and out using one hand. The specimen holder opens a little and firmly retains the specimen during operation. The versatile holder accommodates a variety of slide types, including a hemocytometer.
• Smooth Magnification Change: The low-positioned revolving nosepiece enables users to quickly change magnifications with minimal arm movement between focusing, greatly improving work efficiency during prolonged use.
• Use Up to Five Objectives: For added flexibility, up to five objectives can be supported by the revolving nosepiece. In addition to general objectives, users can select a 2x objective for wide area observation on objectives for phase contrast. These objectives with long working distances help keep specimens from getting damaged.
• Ergonomically-Positioned Focus Knob: The low-positioned focusing knob enables users to make observations while keeping their hands and forearms rested on the desk, helping provide comfort. The focusing stopper prevents a specimen from accidentally hitting an objective when working under high magnification.
• Ergonomic Stage and Eyepiece Position: The low-positioned stage is designed to enhance comfort and reduce fatigue. The stage surface can be widely seen from the eye point position, which enables users to smoothly set and check specimens on the stage. The stage knob can be controlled with just a light touch and can be adjusted at the same time as the focusing knob, since they are located close together.
• Specimen Holders that Match Your Observation Style: Stage accessories improve efficiency when users need to observe a large number of specimens. With the specimen holder sheet, a specimen can be freely operated by a finger on the sheet and can be precisely adjusted using the stage knob. The double specimen holder can retain a large specimen or two specimens.
• Simplified Fluorescence Observations: Fluorescence observation can be easily set up on the standard configuration while keeping the eye point the same as other observation methods. Simply plug the compact fluorescent illuminator into the back of the microscope frame.
• Versatile Applications: The universal condenser offers a variety of observation methods and future upgradability. In combination with the five-position revolving nosepiece, multiple applications can be covered using the simple microscope frame.
Trinocular, angled at 30°
Interpupillary Distance Adjustment: 48 to 75mm
Dioptric adjustment on both eyepieces
Quintuple nosepiece, reversed
4x, 10x, 20x, 40x oil Phase Contrast
Pre-condenser without field diaphragm
Abbe Condenser, NA 1.25
7-Position Turret Condenser
Focusable and centrable, iris diaphragm
Wire movement mechanical fixed stage, 211 x 154mm with slide holder
76 x 52mm, Vernier scale
Coaxial coarse and fine with stop
Tension control on coarse focus
100 – 240V/50 – 60Hz
2.4W LED with intensity control
Power cord, microscope oil and cover