The Grant FTA-2 Advanced Aspirator with Trap Flask is designed for the removal of alcohol, buffer and liquid from reaction vessels (e.g. during DNA/RNA purification and other macromolecule re-precipitation techniques).
The use of an aspirator is preferential to using a generic laboratory vacuum line as it restricts the possibility of contamination and can be used exactly where the operator is located.
• All in one system with integrated pump.
• 2L autoclavable polypropylene trap flask.
• Fitted with hydrophobic microbiological filter.
• Vacuum pressure: -200 to -800mbar (adjustable)
• Overflow protection – liquid level sensor detects excess liquid and prevents overflow.
• Perfect for small volume aspiration.
• Aspiration/removal of alcohol/buffer from microtube walls during DNA/RNA purification and other macromolecule reprecipitation techniques.
• For routine operations of cell washing from culture medium and resuspension in buffer.
-200 to -800 (adjustable)
Trap Flask Volume (litres):
Flow Rate, Aqueous Solution (ml/min.):
72 with aspiration tip
666 without aspiration tip
Aspiration Speed (l/min.):
Up to 10 (air)
Filter Pore Diameter:
Liquid Level Sensor Type:
Motor stops, light and sound digital
External Power Supply:
Input AC 120 – 230V, 50/60Hz
Output DC 12V
Input Voltage (V DC):
Power Consumption (W):
Dimensions (W x D x H):
390 x 290 x 185mm